- Identify at least 3 name options. Types of names that get rejected: immoral, vulgar, names similar to existing ones by spelling or pronunciation, names associated with government or country names, abbreviations.
- Fill in a Name Reservation form, which can be obtained here or from the physical One Stop Centre (OSC) at Uganda Investment Authority (UIA); the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) offices; or at the Uganda Bookshop.
- Submit a filled form with proof of payment.
- The officer carrying out the registration will then carry out the name search and reservation then reserve your business name.
- What is the purpose of the procedure?
To ensure that each company is identified with a unique name that it can use for its various business transactions.
- What is the result of the procedure?
Availability of the name is confirmed and name reserved for the company to use.
- What you need to know/have before you start?
3 name options
- How to pay and how long will it take?
Payment assessments are done using the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) portal of fees charged.
Once the payment assessment has been done, a choice of payment method is made (bank, mobile payment) and a Payment Registration Number (PRN) issued.
Payment is then made against the PRN using the method and bank of choice.