Have a lawyer prepare Company Articles and Memorandum of Association for you. Its your company constitution and should include names and signatures of subscribers. Have them witness and sign it as well.
- Fill in the following forms (obtained from the indicated links; the physical OSC at UIA; the URSB offices; or at the Uganda Bookshop.
You are required to fill and submit the following forms within 14 days after company incorporation.
- Get an assessment from any of the above mentioned places (except the bookshop), then pay for the company to be incorporated.
- Submit filled forms with proof of payment attached.
The fees structure is as below:
Share Capital above 5m
- Registration Fees is UGX 35,000/=
- Stamp Duty is 1% of Share capital
- Plus ½ of the calculated stamp duty.
Share Capital Below 5m
- Registration Fees is UGX 50,000/=
- Stamp Duty is 0.5% of share capital Plus UGX 35,000/-
Registration of Company Forms
- Form 7 is UGX 20,000/=
- Form A9 is UGX 20,000/=
- Resolution to open a bank account is UGX 20,000/=
Local Company without Share Capital
- Registration fees UGX 80,000/-
- Stamp Duty UGX 35,000/-
These fees are subject to bank charges
- What is the purpose of the procedure?
To formalize a company so that it is eligible for various business transactions and operations
- What is the result of the procedure?
Document (Certificate of Incorporation) with unique name and number.
- What you need to know/have before you start?
3 name options
Articles and Memorandum of Association.
- How to pay and how long will it take?
Payment assessments are done using the URA portal of fees charged. Once the payment assessment has been done, a choice of payment method is made (bank, mobile payment) and a Payment Registration Number (PRN) issued.
Payment is then made against the PRN using the method and bank of choice.