Registration is an administrative process conducted by the Uganda Registration Services Bureau, which is autonomous from the Ministry of Justice and handles company registration-related issues. The Certificate of Incorporation is processed and Issued within 16 working hours if all the requirements below have been met.
Documents required for registration of a Local Company
- Name Search and Reservation (A business name can be reserved for a maximum of 60 days)
- Assessment and payment of statutory fees
- Submit application form
- Form A22 – Full address of the registered or principal office of the company
- Copies of Articles and Memorandum of Association if any may be filed as well
- Passport/ National ID (3 copies)
- Form A1 – Statement of Nominal Share Capital of the Company
- Form A2 – Declaration of Compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act
A Prospectus is required if it is to be registered as a Public Company.