Registration is an administrative process conducted by the Uganda Registration Services Bureau, which is autonomous from the Ministry of Justice and handles company registration-related issues.
A Certificate of Incorporation is processed and issued withing 16 working hours if all the following requirements are met.
Documents required for registration of a Foreign Company
- Form 19 – Particulars of Directors and Secretaries of the company
- Form 20 – Statement of all Subsisting Charges created by the company
- Form 21 – Names and postal addresses of persons resident in Uganda authorized to receive service on behalf of the company
- Form 22 – Full address of the registered or principal office of the company
- Certified copies of Articles and Memorandum of Association or Constitution or other Incorporation documents from home country.
- Passport (3 copies)
A foreign company should also make returns on any changes or alterations in the above particulars
In case of alterations
- Form 7 – Particulars of the directors and secretary of the company is required to be filed within 14 days of company registration.
- Return of Allotment
- Form A9 – Notice of the situation of the Registered Address of the company. This form must be filed with the Registrar of Companies within fourteen days of incorporation.
- Company Annual Returns
- Company Resolutions – The Business Registry can register resolutions of the Company general meetings and board meeting
Fee schedule for company registration:
- Filing Fees: UGX 25,000
- Filing Form 7: UGX 20,000
- Filing Form A9: UGX 20,000